How to integrate the CMP into a WordPress website?
Please note: The below description is only valid for the manual blocking code. If you want to use automatic code blocking, please ensure that the CMP-Code is inserted directly after the
<head> element of your website code.
In order to integrate your CMP into a WordPress website, please follow these steps:
Automatic Integration via PlugIn
- Login to your WordPress CMS and click on Plugins section > Add New.
- On the next page search for "consentmanager" - Download Link on wordpress.org
- The Page will show you matching plugins. On the ConsentManager Plugin click on the "Install Now" button
- Once the Plugin is installed, you will find a new Item in your navigation under Settings > Consent Manager.
- Login to ConsentManager.net and click on Get Code, scroll down to the section "Setup for WordPress CMS", then copy the ID of your CMP:
- Paste the ID into the WordPress Plugin and press save:
- Once you saved the ID in the WordPress Plugin, the Code will be automatically inserted into your page.
Manuall Integration via Code
- Login to your WordPress CMS
- Go to Appearance > Editor
- Edit the file that is responsible for the Header of your WordPress Theme (usually header.php)
- Find the start of the <body ...> section.
- Login to ConsentManager.net, go to Get Code and copy the Code from Section "Setup using Copy&Paste"
- Paste the CMP-Code directly after the end of the <body ...> section in your WordPress:
- Click on "Update File" button in order to save the changes.